The heart of every home is the kitchen. So many memories are made there, both the food and the experiences. And with tasty food comes mess. Enter in the kitchen staple the knit or crochet dish towel.
These dish towel projects are perfect beginner patterns for those wanting to learn how to knit or crochet. They are also great as a quick stash-busting pattern for the most seasoned knitter or crocheter.
What makes the crochet or knit dish towel better than the store-bought version is the extra texture created by the stitches. Not to mention the gorgeous handmade designs.
Check out some of the best free knit and crochet dish towel patterns in our collection.
CROCHET DISH TOWELS
Everyone is crazy about crochet dishcloths and washcloths, and rightfully so. They are usually quick and simple crochet patterns plus they serve an everyday purpose! Plus they only require one skein and yarn and voila! Handmade crochet project perfection. Why not try your hand at an easy tunisian crochet pattern with the Tunisian Wash Cloth Dish towel Pattern Duo by Hooked Hazel.
We love the look of variegated yarn crochet projects, so we added the Granny Stitch Crochet Dish Towel to our favorites collection. The simple and easy crochet pattern makes this a breeze of a project, perfect for binge watching your favorite show on Netflix and cranking out crochet projects. Plus, the beautiful colors will add some pizzazz to your kitchen!
KNIT DISH TOWELS
The farmhouse vibe is one of our favorites for home decor. The Farmhouse Dish Towel Pattern by Purl Soho embodies the simple, neutral look with clean colorful lines. This is a great beginner knit towel pattern, and makes wonderful gifts for everyone on your list.
The Simple Seed Stitch Dishcloth pattern by Alaina Privette Designs is a great project to pass the time. We love including a few dishcloths in my housewarming gift baskets and they are always a huge hit. This is also a great pattern for beginners wishing to learn how to knit dish towels. The texture in these is so perfect!
So, what do you think? That’s just a small sample of some of the amazing crochet, knitting and crafting content you’ll find in our daily Stitches Newsletter.
Looking for more? Check out more samples below of what you can look forward to every day when you sign up for the Stitches Newsletter…
THINGS WE LOVE
- Shhhh! I’m Counting Mug ☕ This has become an absolute favorite of ours, not only because mugs are a treasured item in the kitchen, but because the “Shhh I’m Counting” says everything we were thinking!
- Yarn Downsizing 🧶 We are always on the lookout for a good stash-buster and it doesn’t always mean knit or crochet patterns. There are tons of other crafts you can do with yarn but if you’re looking to downsize relatively quickly- there’s always selling, donating, and swapping with your fiber friends! This is a great post on how to do all of the above! We’re a huge fan of the idea of a swap… it’s like shopping without spending any money!
- Fiber Podcasts 🎧 There aren’t many fiber inspired podcasts out there so when we found one it’s our duty to share with you, our friends! A lot of the time podcasts become outdated relatively quickly, which is why this one is great. The information stays current no matter when you listen! You never know when you’re going to hear some fiber advice that will change the way you knit or crochet!
- Sticker Making 🌈 The sticker making world is such a fun place to explore! You just have to try it! Just imagine getting on your iPad, doodling, and then printing your own creations to stick on your water bottle or laptop case! This is a great tutorial that teaches you how to get started!
- Woman Woodworkers 🔨 We are all about trying new crafts. Obviously knitting and crochet are our favorites BUT we’ve been researching a bit of wood working lately! Watching women create their own handmade wooden furniture is so inspirational! Just imagine making your own pieces to showcase in your beautiful home. Check out this post on the 10 women woodworkers that are breaking barriers!
♻️ This fun flow chart helps make the hard decision to keep or donate unused but totally amazing crafting supplies.
⏱️ These cross stitching tips and tricks are simple, and you’ll wonder why you weren’t implementing them sooner!
🤡 Check out Allison Hoffman’s amigurumi art!
🧵 This artist has mastered 3D-effect artwork and it’s magical.
🌱 These 10 plants that won’t die if ignored are now on our list of must-haves!
🐝 This woman’s crochet hornets nests has kept hornets away for years!
⏳ A 1 skein lace cowl knitting pattern is a quick way to pass the time!
JOIN THE STITCHES NEWSLETTER
Are you ready to get expert crochet and knitting patterns, pro tips, tools and resources sent right to your inbox?
Join over 220,000 other passionate crocheters and knitters by signing up to the Stitches Newsletter today.