There is nothing more classic than a knit or crochet cardigan. Whether you want to dress up a casual outfit or need an extra layer of warmth, they are the perfect wardrobe staple.
Creating your own garments by hand can be very intimidating, even for the most advanced knitter or crocheter. The good news is that there are so many easy cardigan sweater patterns available that make this project simple.
So, if you’ve been wanting to learn how to knit or crochet a cardigan sweater, this is a must-see collection of some of the best womens crochet and knit cardigan patterns.
Crochet cardigan sweaters are all the rage right now. Layering skinny jeans, a cute top, and a cardigan/scarf combo is a perfect outfit for any season. And by making your own cardigan sweater you’ll be so proud of your work that you won’t be able to resist showing it off! This Granite Crochet Cardigan is the perfect beginners crochet cardigan pattern and All About Ami is a great designer and her crochet patterns are simple to follow.
The Staycation Women’s Crochet Cardigan is the perfect, trendy, loose fitting crochet cardigan to wear out and about. It perfectly pairs with shorts, jeans, or work attire making it a versatile wardrobe piece. This easy crochet pattern is simple to follow making it a wonderful beginner project.
This Oxford Boyfriend Crochet Cardigan Sweater by Two of Wands is another trendy layering option for your wardrobe. What we love about this knitting pattern is how it is designed in pieces for easy construction, so even a beginner knitter can tackle this project. The yarn colors are obviously interchangeable and this can be customized to your liking! It’s such a cute piece!
We fell in love with this Cotton Comfort Easy Knit Cardigan Sweater from Handy Little Me. It is another great option for late nights on the beach or early mornings on the patio with a cup of coffee. It’s oversized and a little longer in the back for a perfect comfortable fit. This simple knitting pattern is made with repeating stitches that are simple for stitchers of any level, advanced or beginner.
So, what do you think? That’s just a small sample of some of the amazing crochet, knitting and crafting content you’ll find in our daily Stitches Newsletter.
Looking for more? Check out more samples below of what you can look forward to every day when you sign up for the Stitches Newsletter…
THINGS WE LOVE
- Knit Blanket ➰ If you are one of those families that is always heading to football games, whether they’re high school, college or pro, this knit stadium blanket pattern is the perfect take along item. It folds up nicely for easy storage in your bag, and is warm enough to keep the chill away in the stadium stands. You can choose the yarn colors of your favorite sports team for an extra special touch.
- Adorable Sheep Yarn Bag 👜 In our humble opinion, you can never have enough bags. Especially bags for carrying around your latest work in progress! How adorable is this Sheep Yarn Bag? You will be showing off your love of all-things yarn while you travel!
- Teach Kids How to Knit ❤️🔥 How old were you when you started knitting? It is the perfect skill to teach the littles in your life that they will cherish for a lifetime. Here is a great article for How to Teach Children to Knit, that gives some great tips to make the teaching experience successful.
- Bee’s Wrap 🐝 If you are passionate about being eco-conscious and want to get away from using plastic food bags and aluminum foil, bee’s wrap the perfect option. This Bee’s Wrap Review is really informative. Not only do they help save our environment, they are stylish and reusable. Just rinse them and they are ready to be used again. What’s not to love?
- Crochet Balls🧶 If you want to learn How to Crochet a Ball, check this article out! These balls are easy and fun to make by following a simple pattern formula. They are perfect as a play ball for the kiddos in your life or for use as dryer balls.
- Homemade Pop Tarts 🤤 Remember back to your childhood days when your parents brought home a box of tasty Pop Tarts? They were just so tasty. Imagine a homemade version! Check out this Homemade Pop Tarts recipe.
🧼 The stitch in this crochet puff spider shawl is amazing!
💅🏽 Display your masterpieces with this blanket ladder woodworking project!
💇🏾♀️ Did you know you can address envelopes with your Cricut!?
🧴 Want to make your own glitter tumblers! They make the perfect gift!
🔥 Master the drop knit stitch by using this pattern!
🧣 This knit sea dragon shawl is so unique!
🍍 How beautiful is this color fade crochet beanie pattern!?
💙 What kiddos wouldn’t love this turtle hooded crochet blanket!
🛀🏽 We are obsessing over this sweet mommy and me crochet cardigan pattern!
JOIN THE STITCHES NEWSLETTER
Are you ready to get expert crochet and knitting patterns, pro tips, tools and resources sent right to your inbox?
Join over 220,000 other passionate crocheters and knitters by signing up to the Stitches Newsletter today.